Friday 23 March 2012

Hansika Motwani says she is not a snob

Hansika Motwani says she is not a snobHansika Motwani definitely can’t ask for more. After the successful ‘Velayudham‘ last year in which she paired with actor Vijay, she has recently been voted as the dream girl of Kollywood in a poll for International Tamil Film Awards conducted by a Singapore-based organisation. But for Hansika Motwani, the award means a lot of responsibility.
“I’m very happy about recognition, but it also means responsibility. I hope I live up to people’s expectations,” says Hansika Motwani.
The ‘Engeyum Kadhal‘ heroine’s next movie ‘Oru Kal Oru Kannadi‘ (OKOK) is ready to hit the screens and she has more than one reason to feel happy about being a part of it. “One of the best production houses (Red Giant Movies) has produced the movie which has director Rajesh, music director Harris Jayaraj, editor Vivek and choreographer Dinesh – all of them are the best in what they do. And the entire crew worked like a family,” says Hansika Motwani.

The actress, who has experimented with different characters in her earlier films, has done it in OKOK as well.
“I’m known to choose movies based on scripts. My name is Meera in OKOK, and she is a very snobbish person, which is completely not me,” she says.
In her next movie along with Simbu, ‘Vettai Mannan‘, Hansika Motwani plays a gangster. “‘Vettai Mannan‘ is Simbu‘s biggest film. He is a thorough professional. We have completed one schedule and will resume shooting next week,” says Hansika Motwani, who also has signed for director Hari’s next with Surya.
She is currently shooting for a Telugu movie produced by actor Mohan Babu with his son Vishnu playing the lead.
It’s the time of the National Awards. Doesn’t Hansika Motwani want to be a part of award-winning movies?
“I’m not even 21 years yet, but I already have 19 awards. But what really matters is recognition and love of people, which I already have,” says Hansika Motwani.

Hansika Motwani voted Dream Girl

Hansika Motwani says she is not a snobThe bubbly girl of Kollywood, Hansika Motwani, is on cloud nine.  Hansika Motwani, who debuted in Kollywood with Maappillai, has been voted as the Dream Girl of Tamil Cinema by a Tamil Association in Singapore.

The Shaka Laka baby, (Hansika started her television career in a serial, Shaka Laka Boom Boom) is excited about the award and says that she is thankful to her fans. Speaking to Behindwoods, she says, “I am thankful to my fans who think I am fit for a dream girl. I love my fans as much as they love me. I promise that I will keep on working hard and keep up their expectations.” She is extremely happy that she could charm the audience in 2011. Last year her releases included Mappillai with Dhansuh, Engeyum Kadhal with Jayam Ravi and Velayudham with Vijay.
And, 2012 also looks promising for her, as she is looking forward to her first release of the year, Oru Kal Oru Kannadi  with Udhayanidhi Stalin. Currently she is doing Vettai Mannan with Simbu. She will also be  Suriya’s heroine in Singam-2 and talks are on to cast her in Sundar C’s film opposite Vishal.