Thursday 10 May 2012

Item songs are artistic, not vulgar says Nathalia Kaur

Newcomer Nathalia Kaur is making her foray in the Hindi film industry with an item song in Ram Gopal Verma’s latest bollywood movie ‘Department’ and the Brazilian model-turned-actress strongly feels that bollywood item numbers should not be labelled vulgar as they are another way to showcase talent.
“I don’t like people calling me an item girl. I think it’s another way of showing talent and skills. I found it very artistic. People might criticise and label you, but there is nothing wrong in doing an item number,” Nathalia quoted while talking to some reporters recently.
“The word item girl doesn’t hit me, I don’t see this as obscene or vulgar, I found this very artistic,” Nathalia Kaur added.
Nathalia Kaur will be seen dancing on item number “Dan dan” in “Department”. This bollywood film has been Choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, the soundtrack is composed by Dharam Sandeep, Bappi Lahiri and Vikram Nagi.
“The song is part of the movie and contains a lot of meaning. It’s very well-placed in the film. I think, the song gave me a chance to show my talent,” Nathalia Kaur added.Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, “Department”, starring Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan and Rana Daggubati, will come out May 18.
Nathalia Kaur came into the limelight after starting her career with modelling in India and was later featured as a calendar girl for Kingfisher. Nathalia thinks that modelling is a nice way to get noticed and bag roles in Bollywood films.
“I started modelling at the right time and at the right place. And at that time only I met Ram Gopal Varma. We kept in touch. After that I was selected for Kingfisher calendar and that really helped me to be known in the industry. Right now I’m doing a film, the item number was just to launch myself in the industry,” she said.
21-year-old Nathalia Kaur also shared that she is a trained Opera singer and says that she will be singing a song in her next movie which is again under the banner of Ram Gopal Verma.