Monday 17 September 2012

Lakshmi Rai’s excited about Kalpana

When an actor has a superhit, it becomes a bigger deal for him or her to be a part of its subsequent remakes. Lakshmi Rai, who was part of the 2011 Tamil sleeper hit Kanchana, too, is glad about being a part of its Kannada remake Kalpana.“We’ve finished shooting for the film and I know that there are great expectations from this film. Considering it did so well in Tamil, I’ve my fingers crossed,” says Lakshmi Rai, who says the film could release later this month, coinciding with Upendra‘s birthday.Meanwhile, on the special song that she was to do in Nagarjuna‘s Damarukam, she says, “I got to hear the song and I think Devi Sri Prasad has done a fabulous job. I couldn’t do it because I had some date issues. But, I’m sure the song will do extremely well,” says Lakshmi Rai.The actor will next be seen on screens in a special appearance in the bilingual Veerappan biopic, Attahasa. “I’ve been happy with the kind of films I’ve signed. I want to ensure that there are a mix of good scripts in all the four south Indian languages that I sign,” says Lakshmi Rai.