Friday 22 June 2012

Nayanthara Is a clossed chapter for me- Pabhudeva

Prabhudeva is a happy man these days. His second and latest directorial venture in Bollywood titled Rowdy Rathore (Hindi remake of the successful Karthi-starrer Siruthai) has turned out to be a super-duper hit venture. Trade sources say that the film, which has Akshay Kumar (in dual roles) and Sonakshi Sinha pairing opposite each other for the first time, has collected more than Rs.100 crores so far.
The success has even made Akshay remark that Prabhudeva should consider making Mumbai his home permanently as he would have to make many more hit films in future. For Prabhudeva, who split early this year from his ex-fiancée Nayanthara, the success of the film has come as a shot in the arm and has put him among one of the highest-paid directors in Bollywood.
Nayan even converted to Hinduism last August in order to marry Prabhudeva but the break-up between them put paid to any hopes of their marriage. Prabhudeva, who got legal divorce from his first wife Ramalat, was all set to marry Nayan when the ‘split’ occurred. Nayan even described Prabhu as one who ‘didn’t deserve the love of a girl’. Prabhu, who has been keeping mum so far on the issue, has now opened up.“I didn’t want to discuss this in public. Though I would love to reply to Nayan’s allegations, somethings prevents me from not doing so: it’s a kind of a mental block. As far as I’m concerned, Nayan is a closed chapter in my life. I neither want to remember anything about her nor say/discuss anything even remotely connected with her. I’d be thankful if presspersons don’t ask me anything about her.
“I’m a firm believer in God and I feel He guides me in each activity of mine. I’m hopeful of getting continual ‘guidance’ from the Almighty till my last breath,” said Prabhudeva, who is awaiting the theatrical release of Thangar Bachchan’s Kalavadiya Pozhudhugal where he has played the lead role opposite Bhumika Chawla.