Wednesday 7 March 2012

Talent is needed to sustain one’s career, says Shruti Hassan

Talent is needed to sustain one’s career, says Shruti HassanShruti Hassan debuted as heroine in Tamil films opposite Surya in last year’s super-duper hit 7am Arivu directed by A.R Murugadoss. Shruti, daughter of Kamal Hassan, has many traits to her personality including the ability to sing, compose music and write lyrics besides her dancing and acting skills.
The stunning-looking Shruti gets philosophical at times. “The fact that I’m Kamal Hassan’s daughter only gained me an easy entry in films. However, from now onwards, it would only be my talent which would guide me and help me to stay afloat in films,” says Shruti, whose Bollywood debut as heroine through the film Luck proved rather unlucky more than a couple of years ago.
Even her Telugu debut as heroine wasn’t as successful as she would have loved to be. However, the success of 7am Arivu has put her firmly among the top heroines. She is also looking forward to the release of her 3 opposite Dhanush in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. The film, which was planned in Tamil alone, would now be released as a trilingual thanks to the incomparably popular number Why this Kolaveri di…. from it.
“The fact that I’m born to Kamal Hassan won’t continue to get films for me; it’s upt to me to perform and stay afloat in the industry, apparently with a good dose of luck. I also feel that one should never reach a state of saturation in films which hampers the progress and improvement of the individual. I have been trying my best to establish my own identity instead of being known as Kamal’s daughter,” says Shruti.